Contingency planner’s guide
“We need to prepare for a food in Tandale! Use this guide to help get the wards mapped.”
Ward mappers: You need to create a wards layer that covers the whole of the Tandale image using the requirements below:
- Capture the wards in the tandale_imagery base map (use fctitious boundaries and names).
- Plan the digitising work so that each team member captures a diferent section of the study area.
- Take turns within your team to digitise one ward each. Make sure the wards do not overlap.
- Once your layer is fnalised, stop editing and use the InaSAFE keywords wizard to defne appropriate keywords for the layer you have created.
- Now share the wards data with the other teams in your group.
- When you have received all the hazard and exposure datasets, run an analysis for each of these scenarios:
• Flood on roads aggregated by wards
• Flood on buildings aggregated by wards
• Flood on people aggregated by wards